Friday, December 3, 2010

A Peep into A Roman Medieval City

York, located right in the center of UK, a city with Gothic cathedral and medieval city walls, was the place I went for a day trip.

York Minster, a medieval Gothic cathedral






The Clifford's Tower, a symbol of the power of England's medieval kings.


Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma Gate, said to be the shortest street in York but with the longest name. Weird fact but true.


The National Railway Museum.


It has replicas of trains from the old times to the Japanese Bullet Train, it explains the history of trains and railways, and also exhibits train engines. Best of all, the entrance fee is free. =) Who doesn't like free stuff.




So we walked around the city and these are some of the random photos I took.




The Hospitium. A place for Yorkers to host functions. And I thought it was some fella's house before this.



I feel that squirrels there are more daring. They are not afraid of humans, apparently!

A metal compass, on the ground.


Me with one of the ruins.


York Railway


Royal York Hotel





I just realized that I did not know what are the names of pictures/buildings I took, right until now when I'm typing this post. Tsk-tsk. I suck at blogging.

I'm gonna go hide and cry. Goodbye.

No comments: