Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life is like a Glass Cup

Yup. You got that right. We, human beings, are made of glass. Human beings, more specifically, our life, is so fragile that you wouldn’t know what will happen to you the very next second. You might fall down the stairs, you might strike lottery, or an airplane might crash right into your house! You’ll never know!

The reason I’m being so pessimistic all of a sudden is because of an incident that happened. While scrolling Facebook, I usually glimpse through the newest updates first before really looking into them. And so I saw a few of my friends commenting on another friend’s wall, and I thought it was birthday wishes. After looking more thoroughly only that I realized the comments were R.I.P’s and we miss you’s. I stunned. I really stunned.

She was my secondary friend and was in the same uniform body as I was. So I think our friendship can be considered quite ok that time. Even though we didn’t contact after secondary school, I can still feel the pain in my heart as she was still one of my friend. And just like that, God has executed his plans on her and took her to a better place.

I don’t know why this incident suddenly strikes me that I can’t take everything for granted. I kinda (note: kinda) despise some of the people who keep saying FML. “Oh, I chipped my RM100++ manicure, FML.” “OMG, the LV/Gucci I LOOOVE to death is out of stock! FML!” You’re already darn lucky to be able to breathe! Some people can’t even have the chance to have their nails chipped.

There is this one thing that I really dread the most, I dare not even mention it. Sometimes, when I have nothing to do, I will think about my future when I’m like 30 or 40 of age, I will think about my parents, I will cry. Like really cry. That’s why I really really treasure my parents now. I sometimes regretted for being so rebellious during secondary school. If only time could rewind back. If only.

No comments: