Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Day Trip

So I had the chance to join a day trip and it was my first day trip in UK, which is to...


Yup. Cambridge.

All along I thought Cambridge was just a university's name located in...Cambridge. But apparently Cambridge is a university town located with lots of renowned colleges/universities. This shows how weak my geography level is. Sigh.

So upon reaching there, we were brought to a dock on River Cam which is full with a type of boat called punt.

In case you don't know how does a punt look like, it looks like this.




Rows and rows of punts.

If the boat is called a punt, are the people who drive these punts called punter?

Some scenery while enjoying the punt ride (which costed £5 per person).

Punters having a break.


Buildings beside River Cam.




Some cute little ducks by the river.


There are a lot of bridges around River Cam.

Clare Bridge.


The Mathematical Bridge.


I was told by my punter that it was built using only nuts and bolts. Hmmm...Wonder if it is still true, with all the weather and stuff.

Bridge of Sighs.



My punter. He's 20 years old and studies at Sheffield University. =) Which is different from mine, mine is Sheffield Hallam.


He was like some kind of star for like 10 minutes cause we all were taking turns taking picture with him. Haha.

We then went to the Fitzwilliam Museum.


Some random statue inside the museum.


Next up is...



Some cute pink shells which caught my eyes.


Me with an unknown fossil. Not really interested in this kind of stuff.


We then went and visited the colleges. Entrance fees are required. But we all "kiam-siap" (stingy) people are not willing to pay, so we waited for the guards to be busy with their stuff or when guards are nowhere to be seen, and quickly ran in.

First college.



I love this building ! How does grass grow on walls?


If you're wondering what's inside the plastic bag, it's strawberries.

Second college we "broke" into.




It seems like I photo-shopped myself into the background. But I swear I did not !


Some other random pictures which I'm lazy to label.




Overall, nice and beautiful town, but it's congested with people, maybe it's the weekend. I still prefer Sheffield though. =)

No comments: