Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jipaban - My 2010 Santarina

Jingle bells…Jingle bells !

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Santa Claus is comiiiiing to town…!

It’s the time of the year, folks! The time of Santa Claus, presents, Christmas carols, Christmas trees decorations and of course a whole lot of joy and happiness!

Christmas is one of my FAVOURITE celebrations (apart from Chinese New Year *coughangpaomoneycough* ). Walking into the mall, seeing all the Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas carols, it really lightens up my mood and the world seem so peaceful. And with all the Christmas and yearend sales, my shopping mode directly switches on! I usually start thinking what presents to buy for my love ones a month earlier. Presents are easier to buy for my parents, but when it comes to my boy, I usually have a harder time thinking what to get. Cause you know boys, other than football and girls and more football, and more girls, I don't know what are they interested at. (Not applicable to all boys)

Fortunately, Nuffnang is having this contest where I can win a perfect gift for my love one AND at the same time, win some cash for myself! Che-Ching!

But first I will have to sign up for a Jipaban account.

What is Jibapan, you ask?

Jipaban means a million in Hokkien language.

Jipaban is also a customizable online shopping mall!



You can even build your own shopping mall buy placing your favourite stores at your mall.



So after looking up and down Jipaban, I found the perfect gift for my boy, which is a Duffy and Shelliemay Marine Keychain from Minimaos, costing RM99 only.

Photo credits : Jipaban - Minimaos

You might be wondering why would I give a doll to a boy. He might definitely will not be interested.

It’s not the present that counts; it’s the thought that counts. The story behind Duffy and Shelliemay is the reason I had chosen this gift. The story goes like this…

A teddy bear was presented by Minnie to Mickey before he went on a sea voyage as a companion. So Mickey decided to call him Duffy and brought Duffy travelling around the world. Minnie then makes a friend for Duffy, which is Shelliemay, and presented it to Duffy. Duffy was shy upon accepting this gift and said “Nice to meet you, Shelliemay.”

Yup. A very short and simple story. Duffy and Shelliemay is a craze in Japan.

The reason I would like to present my boy with this gift, is because my boy will not always be by my side. Of course he is not going on a sea voyage (I won’t allow him anyways =) ), but he will be in a different state due to work most of the time. I will be presenting him with Shelliemay as a companion and a reminder that I will always be by his side. And I will be keeping Duffy, to remind me that he will always be by my side. And if he doesn’t like it, I will force him to like it. Teehee.

Before ending this post, a photo of me and my boy. Not a very clear one though.



Hope that I will be the lucky one and Merry Christmas to all !

No comments: